Seasonal Flu Vaccination
Influenza - flu - is a highly infectious and potentially serious illness caused by influenza viruses.
Regular immunization (vaccination) is given free of charge to the following at-risk people to protect them from seasonal flu:
- People aged 65 or over
- People with a serious medical condition
- If you are pregnant
- People living in a residential or nursing home
- Main carers for an elderly or disabled person
- Healthcare or social care professionals
Pneumococcal vaccination gives protection against the bacteria Pneumococcus, which can cause pneumonia, meningitis and blood infections. This is given to:
- All children under 2 years of age
- People at risk
- People aged 65 years and over.